Re: Xdefaults for Emacs

From: arthur.chereau
Subject: Re: Xdefaults for Emacs
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:55:35 +0200

>> - the location of  the scrollbar (left/right)

>emacs.ScrollBars: right

I tried this but it didn't work, maybe because I use the Lesstif scrollbar. I
also tried

Emacs.*.scrollBarPlacement: BOTTOM_RIGHT

but it didn't work either.

When I replace BOTTOM_RIGHT with something else it complains:
Warning: Cannot convert string "foobar" to type ScrollBarPlacement
so I thought it could be the right resouce, but BOTTOM_RIGHT and BOTTOM_LEFT
have no
effect: the scrollbar is always on the left.

>> - the background color of the toolbar

>emacs.tool-bar.attributeBackground: #0f1f4f
>emacs.tool-bar.attributeForeground: black

This works perfectly, thanks !

>> - the background color of the help menu that pops up when you click on the
>> help icon in
>> the toolbar ("?" icon)

>emacs.menu.attributeForeground: LightSlateGrey
>emacs.menu.attributeBackground: #0f1f4f
>emacs.menu.attributeHeight: 100
>emacs.menu.attributeFamily: -*-helv

This works too !

>Although these are not all /listed/ in the manual you could find them out
>by reading it.

So maybe it should be nice to have an exhaustive list of emacs X resources
somewhere. I
saw many people asking for a specific resource an not finding it.

> Ok, I give you my whole ~/.Xdefaults concerning Emacs.

Thank you very much, this is a big help !