Re: RCS revert to previous version

From: Chris
Subject: Re: RCS revert to previous version
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:42:30 -0000

on 11 Oct 2002, Colin Marquardt <c.marquardt@alcatel.de> spake thusly:

> Chris <chrisl_ak@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> If I am working on, say 1.7 of a document using RCS, what is the
>> easiest way to revert to a specific version, say 1.4 as an example?
>
> In my GNU Emacs 21.2, it's in
>
> Tools | Version Control | Show other version
>
> aka C-x v ~ aka M-x vc-version-other-window.

Right... but my question is how to make that the current version... do I
have to delete the entirety of my current working file and copy and paste
from the older version window? I can't just check the older version in and
have it become the latest. I was hoping there was a more efficient way than
copy and paste...