Fatal error (6).Aborted

From: Joe Casadonte
Subject: Fatal error (6).Aborted
Date: 13 Oct 2002 22:16:48 -0400

I've built emacs 21.2 from the sources, on Debian, with the
--with-x=no option.  I run the thing, and every time I try to do
something, I get this error.  Yeah, yeah, I run emacs -q and it all
works fine, so it's something I'm loading.  Let's see:

1) global-font-lock-mode - set this and visit .emacs - boom
2) custom-set-faces - I had to comment out this block in my .emacs
   file just to get it to start up
3) set-foreground-color - had to comment out these, too

These are not bizarre and obscure calls.  If a console-only emacs
can't handle these, why the hell doesn't it just NOOP?

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte