Re: capturing commands

From: D . Goel
Subject: Re: capturing commands
Date: 17 Oct 2002 11:03:56 -0400

> i would like to know if there was some way of capturing all commands
> executed while running emacs whether they be M-x yank, C-x C-s or just
> hitting the right arrow key

I see from other posts that there seems no built-in way to do this in
general (for both keystrokes and commands).

so i wonder if anyone sees any problem with this sort of approach--

(defvar command-history-my nil)

(add-hook 'post-command-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (push this-command command-history-my)))

this seems to work for me for both the cases... hmm..except i guess
when a command explicitly overrides the value of this-command..