Re: info and help question

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: info and help question
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:30:05 +0900

    Rodney> Now I realize we are talking about two different parts,
    Rodney> help and info, but can't they talk to each other? --

No.  Help can (and does, at least on GNU Emacs) call up info pages.
That's OK, because Help is only used inside Emacs.

Texinfo is multitargeted (hardcopy, Emacs Info mode, standalone Info,
and HTML, at least); we really don't want to put features in that are
specific to a single target.

However, you could easily bind `describe-function' to a mouse gesture,
and that would pick up the function at point.