Re: installing emacs and X11 on OS X

From: Joseph Kiniry
Subject: Re: installing emacs and X11 on OS X
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:54:02 +0200

They do.  Better yet, just install Fink.

A "fink install emacs" downloads and builds the full dependency set.
I set up my box by simply doing "fink install emacs sawfish
windowmaker" and it installed Emacs, X, Gnome (via the sawfish
dependency), and WindowMaker.

The latter was necessary due to a bug in librep under Sawfish which
evidences itself in high CPU use during idle situations, slowing down
X11 tremendously.  I do not suggest using a fink built sawfish on OS X
at this time.

Best,
Joe Kiniry