Re: emacs problem with RCS

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: emacs problem with RCS
Date: 23 Oct 2002 17:43:30 +0200

When i experimented with RCS on cygwin a while back, I had some problems
casued by the USERNAME and LOGNAME environment variables.

I added

   (setenv "LOGNAME" (getenv "USERNAME"))  ; RCS fix

to my .emacs which improved the situation. (No guarantees!)

My next problem was that added log entries (via $Log$) added an extra
^M to the file, so I had a line ending with 0x0d 0x0d 0x0a. This causes
emacs to think it is a unix file and then it displays ^M after ALL lines.