Re: Enabling global-font-lock-mode

From: John McCabe
Subject: Re: Enabling global-font-lock-mode
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:49:23 GMT

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:39:29 +0200, Florian Lindner
<Florian.Lindner@xgm.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>I want to enable Syntax Highlightning (Global font lock mode)
>Using this expression in my .emacs file is evaluated without errors but
>don't take effect. What's wrong?
>
>'(global-font-lock-mode t nil (font-lock))

What version of Emacs are you using? If anything after 20.0, use the
"Customize" features to do it rather than edit your .emacs.

It may be under the "Help" menu, or the "Options" menu. Find the
"Customize" menu, then "Specific Option" and enter
global-font-lock-mode when asked.

If it is listed as "off", click on "Toggle" then on the "State" button
and select "Save for future sessions."