How to get rid of the tool-kit mode-line in Emacs21?

From: wgh
Subject: How to get rid of the tool-kit mode-line in Emacs21?
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:24:13 GMT

Hi,

Ever since I downloaded Emacs21, I got those ugly scroll-bar,
tool-bar and mode-line in that fancy tool-kit. I found
out how to disable the tool-bar:

(tool-bar-mode -1)

in .emacs or simply M-x tool-bar-mode

I also found out how to disable the scroll-bar which requires you
to recompile Emacs21 with the --without-toolkit-scroll-bars option.
However I haven't figured out how to revert the mode-line back
to Emacs20 style.

Does anyone know how to just have Emacs21 look the way it did?

Thanks.