Re: installing emacs and X11 on OS X

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: installing emacs and X11 on OS X
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:45:36 +0300

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Hugo Wolf <hwolf@deutsches.lieder.net>
> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:42:58 GMT
>
> That's why vigorous discussions are healthy (and why the "how dare you
> criticize the developers" attitude is so unhealthy).

I didn't say anything like that in this whole thread.  In fact, I
(indirectly) said exactly the opposite: I patiently tried to explain
the motivation for deprecating the use of window-system, so that those
reasons could be subject to public scrutiny and perhaps bug reports or
feature requests.

I'm at a loss why did you need to accuse me of such a nasty attitude.

> Afaik osx is the only platform for which there are native builds of
> emacs for two completely different window systems. If this is so, I'm
> not surprised the issues we're discussing here never came up before.

Yes, that seems to be the reason.