Re: diary behaving strangely

From: Tiarnan
Subject: Re: diary behaving strangely
Date: 30 Oct 2002 09:03:37 +0000

    AS> Does it show up if you are doing M-x diary?

No it doesn't, though it's clearly visible in the ~/diary file.

    AS> If not, the problem is probably that you don't have
    AS> european-calendar-style set to t.

I have (setq european-calendar t) in .emacs, so I don't think that's
the problem. It's almost as if emacs gets the appointments for a day
when it is started up, and keeps them in some kinda internal form,
rather than rescanning the diary file.

Basically I'm adding the text to the bottom of the diary file, where
it doesn't seem to be picked up by the appointment reminders thingy or
M-x diary. Is there some sort of recommended way to add data to the
diary, rather than just shoving text at the end of it? If so, could
you give me an example of it, so I can amend the lisp code?

--
Tiarnán Ó Corráin               CMG-WDSC
Sysadmin                        Cork.

"Iraq: incredible weapons - incredible weapons." How do you know that?
"Uh, well... We looked at the receipt." -- Bill Hicks, 1992