Re: diary behaving strangely

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: diary behaving strangely
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:23:00 GMT

Tiarnan <tiarnan.ocorrain@cmg.com> writes:

> I have (setq european-calendar t) in .emacs, so I don't think that's
> the problem. It's almost as if emacs gets the appointments for a day
> when it is started up, and keeps them in some kinda internal form,
> rather than rescanning the diary file.

FYI (although you've solved the problem):

The diary re-reads the diary file every time the buffer is
generated.  However, it won't understand "20 October 2002" unless
european-calendar-style is set to t when emacs starts up, or you
modify diary-date-forms.

Now listen John, behave yourself or I'll murder you.