Holy Wars redux: w3 vs. emacs-w3m

From: Michael J. Barillier
Subject: Holy Wars redux: w3 vs. emacs-w3m
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 10:33:15 -0700

I've been using w3 off-and-on in the past, but since I'm trying to go
far more text-centric on my desktop[1] I'd like to do the little web
browsing that I do from within Emacs.  I've downloaded w3 v4.0pre.47
and have been getting that nasty ``wrong type argument: stringp, nil''
error[2] that's been mentioned lately.  Anyone have an opinion[3] on
W3 vs. emacs-w3m?

[1] Full-screen xterm running screen, with a Mozilla tab (using the
    PWM window manager) as a last resort.

[2] No, I haven't tried to get a backtrace ... sorry.

[3] Heh

--
Michael J. Barillier
Registered Linux user #125310 <http://counter.li.org/>