Re: enhanced diary mode?

From: Adam P.
Subject: Re: enhanced diary mode?
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 18:50:39 +0100

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

> adamp_at@at_ipipan.waw.pl (Adam P.) writes:
>
>> A! This is useful -- thanks.  More useful would be defining just a few
>> entry types, with a face for each type, and without the need to
>> manually assign face to each entry, but I suppose this can be done
>> with some elisp tweaking.

[...]

> Any ideas what some common faces/entry types should be?

Sorry, no deep thoughts here :-) Entry types that would be useful for
me would be: anniversary, appointment, deadline, todo (various
priorities?), vacation / being away...

> "Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:
>
>>    Each of the standard sexp diary entries takes an optional parameter
>> specifying the name of a face or a single-character string to use when
>> marking the entry in the calendar.
>
> Note that this is only in Emacs CVS right now.  It makes me happy to
> see someone else using it!  It should hit the street in 21.4.

So there is a good reason why I haven't seen this described in my
version of Emacs -- I am relieved (perhaps not blind, after all).

        Adam

--
Name and address in X-Real...