Re: An xpm as buffer background

From: cp
Subject: Re: An xpm as buffer background
Date: 3 Nov 2002 20:09:38 +0100

In article <Qkm$KX9k1AIo@ludens>, cp@ludens.elte.hu writes:
> Hi!
>
> I am using GNU Emacs 21.[12].
>
> I would like to set an image as buffer background.
> So far I tried to set the x resource *.attributeStipple to the image path, and
> tried the set-face-background-image lisp function with no success.

Update :-)

The above two work fine for xbm-s (not xpm-s).  Unfortunately xbm-s can only
contain two colors (I should have guessed from the name), which is not enough
for a paper like effect :-(

So my question has changed to the following: what should I do to make my
emacs support indexed/rgb images as buffer/face background.

Thanks for your time in advance :-)
        Péter