on winNT, zip-archive mode fails with jar files - please help

From: cirvine
Subject: on winNT, zip-archive mode fails with jar files - please help
Date: 3 Nov 2002 12:12:44 -0800

When I invoke find-file on a Java .jar file, the contents of the jar
file are displayed in a zip-archive mode buffer. Is this the correct
mode? When I attempt to view the contents of one of the archived files
(by pressing "f"), emacs displays an error in the mode line that says
"'gunzip' exited with status 128". Please, someone, what's going wrong
here? Thanks.