Re: comint-run, can't send interrupt to sub job

From: Robert Andersson
Subject: Re: comint-run, can't send interrupt to sub job
Date: 06 Nov 2002 18:28:35 +0100

>>>>> "me" == Robert Andersson <robert@gslt.hum.gu.se> writes:
me> on one of our machines we can not do comint-interrupt-subjob or
me> comint-kill-subjob. this is a tad annoying. anyone out there that have
me> seen this problem and got a remedy for it? would love to hear from you
me> then :)

right i forgot to say that i am running emacs 21.1.1 on solaris 9. i
have noticed that comint-run does not send any signals to its sub
jobs... neither comint-kill-subjob or comint-quit-subjob seem to work.

i can do something like

        pkill -INT -U $USER pattern

to the sub job and get it to react. so i really speculate that this is
a comint-run problem.

although on another machine it works just fine, useing the same
version of os and emacs and running program.

there, now you have got some additional information about this problem
that i forgot the first time

yours,
/robert

--
Systems Administrator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology