Re: psgml - support for XML namespaces and schemas?

From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: psgml - support for XML namespaces and schemas?
Date: 08 Nov 2002 11:14:10 -0500

Brierton <darren@dzr-web.com> writes:
> worrying acually - I work with XML constantly, and PSGML is just
> lovely (although maintaining my catalog can be a bit hairy); but
> increasingly hybrid documents relying on namespaces, and
> therefore schemas for validation, are becoming the norm, and if
> PSGML doesn't get those features then I'll no longer be able to
> use it. And then what WILL I use? (That's rhetorical - not

You can try out Emacs' built-in sgml-mode which is much less featureful
than PSGML but doesn't require anything like a DTD.
The version that comes with Emacs-21.2 is severely under-featured
in many respects, but the version in the development code
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/textmodes/sgml-mode.el?rev=HEAD
supposedly works with Emacs-21.2 and provides XML support and indentation.

I'd be interested to hear any comment about it,

        Stefan