Re: psgml - support for XML namespaces and schemas?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: psgml - support for XML namespaces and schemas?
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:38:43 +0100

"D. D. Brierton" <darren@dzr-web.com> writes:

> As the W3C publishes new applications at a rate of knots these days
> I'd be spending more time trying to maintain my super DTD then I
> would working!

Hm.  Maybe the process can be automated in some way.  I think there is
a way to convert a schema into a dtd by some script.  Then you "just"
need to figure out how to combine the dtds.  (After, of course, adding
all them namespace prefixes to the individual dtds.)  Maybe the most
difficult part is to figure out where to allow merging the dtds, and
how to frob the content model from schema A to allow elements from
schema B.

But it sounds doable.

kai