Re: sql-oracle.

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: sql-oracle.
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:56:04 +0100

"jerry d" <jeroeninperu@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi I'm trying to convince a colleguae to use emacs. As a nice feature I
> showed him the way sql-oracle works, which in my opinion is by far better
> than the standard sql-plus console oracle provides, and is almost as good as
> TOAD. On my machine it runs fine: sql-oracle just starts up in a separate
> buffer, I'm able to use all standard emacs functionality. However on my
> collegues machine (same .emacs same sql.el etc) sql-oracle starts up in an
> ms-doze prompt.
> Is this a path setting or so or am I overlooking something here?

I guess you do not have the same Oracle client installation.  Make
sure you set the sql-oracle-program option approriately.  It must
point to an executable that runs SQL*Plus in the *same* window -- if
that executable opens another window, you're out.  Unfortunately the
names of the executables vary with client versions.

This also on the wiki:

* http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OracleOnWindows

So basically, this is a Windows+Oracle problem, not Emacs.  :)

Alex.