Re: Searching for lines longer than x characters possible?

From: Lee Sau Dan
Subject: Re: Searching for lines longer than x characters possible?
Date: 12 Nov 2002 17:44:28 +0100

    David> I would like to go through some program source files before
    David> converting them to ps, to check for lines longer than, for
    David> instance, 80 characters, so that I don't get strange
    David> looking ps files.

    David> Is this possible with emacs?

Doesn't 'grep' do this already?
        grep '.\{80\}' ~/archive/viag.tex

Use the "-l" flag if you only want the filenames, not file contents.
Moreover, you can invoke grep from within Emacs: M-x grep

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de