Re: Emacs 21.3.50 on OS X 10.2.2

From: Hugo Wolf
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.3.50 on OS X 10.2.2
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:08:40 GMT

In article <33a4f8d2.0211122251.1c92698@posting.google.com>, Amos wrote:
>> The sources you get with cvs date spec '-D "2002-11-01"' can
>> definitely be built in 10.2.2.  I did it this morning.
>
> Not for me.  What do you have installed via fink.  Currently I'm
> not using fink at all.  I wonder if that might somehow be the
> difference....

Could be.  My texinfo installation was made with fink.  I have lots of
other fink packages installed as well (~ 100 of them), but the emacs
build process should never see any of it.  I can post a complete list
f you think it would help you debug this problem.

> Man, never realized just how dependent I was to emacs until
> today.  :-(  Nothing seems the same without it.  Pretty sad.

If you run XDarwin, the X11 emacs and xemacs clients are quite nice.
But you may need fink to build them ....