Setting default font

From: John Smith
Subject: Setting default font
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:32:23 -0500

I am using emacs 21 under X-Windows, and the default font for text is rather small. I can change this under the Options/Mule menu. I select my preferred font -- courier 14 -- and then try to Save these settings (under the same Options menu). But the save doesn't save. The next time I start up, I get the same microscopic font. Any suggestions? I would think there's some line like set-default-font-courier 14 that I can put in my .emacs file.

J.