Re: escape characters in emacs20 shell mode

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: escape characters in emacs20 shell mode
Date: 17 Nov 2002 20:22:20 +0100

    Martin> Maybe because it isn't this dumb. I like the colored
    Martin> output in shell mode ;) You might try this to deal with
    Martin> the escape sequences:

    Martin> (autoload 'ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on "ansi-color" nil t)
    Martin>  (add-hook 'shell-mode-hook 'ansi-color-for-comint-mode-on)

Ah what a neat trick. I have been putting up with no colors for years
because I thought it was something that didn't work.

Now would it be possible to pass the tab command directly to the
shell? Now that bash has programmable tab completion I would like to
use it withing emacs. I would like to have the same behavior when I am
running bash in a console and when it's running in emacs.

Ivan
--
|    "I often quote myself; it adds spice to my     |        Ivan Kanis       |