Re: syntax highlighting

From: Michael Slass
Subject: Re: syntax highlighting
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:30:45 GMT

michaelmossey@yahoo.com (Michael Mossey) writes:

>How do I change the colors that Emacs uses for syntax highlighting?
>In particular, while editing Python, my string literals are in a
>very faint orange that isn't quite legible to me--I'd like to change
>it to a darker color.
>
>thanks,
>Mike

M-x customize-face RET font-lock-string-face RET

In the foreground:color field, edit to the name of a color you like.
Remember to hit the "Save for Future Sessions" button before exiting.

Anticipating your next question --- M-x list-colors-display will show
you the names of all the colors emacs can display written in that color.

--
Mike Slass