RE: kill-region must change value of (point)?

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: kill-region must change value of (point)?
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:00:31 -0600

Chris,

You are correct.  If point is somewhere within the region it is "moved" to be
between the last character before the region that was not deleted, and the
first character after the region that was not deleted.  If it follows the
region, its value is changed (reduced) by the amount of text removed.  If it is
before the region it remains unchanged.
You can read all about this in the emacs lisp reference manual.

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Quality Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.          -Dr. George W. Crane-