Re: (Newbie) How to turn AutoFill-mode on/off

From: ken
Subject: Re: (Newbie) How to turn AutoFill-mode on/off
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:51:35 -0500 (EST)

Kai,

Thanks for the introduction.  :)

Years ago I gave LaTeX a fair try-- much more than a half hour-- and
came away from it quite unsatisfied.  To my way of thinking, html is
more intuitive and much easier to write in as well as to read.
Moreover, html is the lingua franca of the web and docs so formatted
drop into it without modification and without need for a plug-in;
correct me if I'm mistaken, but LaTex docs don't.

Of course LaTeX has its place.  If I were involved in high-end
typesetting, I'd definitely revisit it.  But its not the only tool
available for formatting documents and not necessarily always the best
for every job.

Thanks for the input,
ken

--