Re: Have an idea for a Mono/.NET Emacs

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Have an idea for a Mono/.NET Emacs
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:29:42 +0100

"Adam Haupt" <amh@mwr.is> writes:

> It would be great IMHO to be able to write .emacs in Python, Perl,
> C, or C++, as well as create extensions in those languages.

You can already interface Emacs with Python, and you can already patch
Emacs such that it dynamically loads libraries (ie. C or C++)...  It's
just that these things are not very popular, or we'd see much more of
that.  IMHO only, of course.

See these links:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PyMacs
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DynamicallyExtendingEmacs