Cygwin Emacs

From: borch
Subject: Cygwin Emacs
Date: 24 Nov 2002 19:18:44 -0800

Hi,

I (am trying to) use emacs for cygwin running on win2k. Ive used emacs
before but  long since forgotten the commands. So I just go through
the tutorial, right? Well thats the problem really. The startup screen
of this version shows this:

Get help C-h (Hold down CTRL and press h)
(...)
Get a tutorial C-h t
(...)
GNU Emacs 21.2 (i686-pc-cygwin)
 of 2002-11-25 on (...)

So naturally the first thing i do is press C-h, but to my confusion
this seems to work like BACKSPACE, and as such does not allow for any
arguments to be given. In other words typing C-h t merely results in a
BACKSPACE followed by the character 't'. Now, if i ever find myself in
a situation where i need to substitute a given character in the buffer
with the character 't', i will definitely remember C-h t, but in the
meantime i just need to get to the tutorial. Please help.