Re: Key binding

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Re: Key binding
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:18:36 +0000

Kai Großjohann wrote:

> Florian Lindner <Florian.Lindner@xgm.de> writes:
>
>> (define-key pascal-mode-map "\C-c\v" '(shell-command
>> (file-name-sans-extension (buffer-file-name))))
>
> (defun fl-execute-current-buffer ()
>   "doc string here"
>   (interactive)
>   (shell-command (file-name-sans-extension (buffer-file-name))))
> (define-key pascal-mode-map (kbd "C-c v") 'fl-execute-current-buffer)

Thanks,
it's not really working.
That's how it looks like now:

(add-hook 'pascal-mode-hook
          (lambda()
             [..]
            (defun fl-execute-current-buffer ()
              "Executes the compiled file"
              (interactive)
              (shell-command (file-name-sans-extension buffer-file-name)))
            (define-key pascal-mode-map (kbd "C-c v")
'fl-execute-current-buffer)))

I've I execute this it just displays in the minibuffer:

Filename: Runtime error 201 at 0x0805C0DA
(some more hex codes)

Filename is the output my program gives right before it is waiting for
input.
If I just execute the program in a bash shell it works ok, I can enter
something.
A weird problem also apperas if I try to execute the program in the shell
mode (M-x shell), it scrolling thousands of lines with withspaces down.
Everything works on a normal shell.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Florian