Re: unc paths with cmd.exe on ntemacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: unc paths with cmd.exe on ntemacs
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:23:48 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Leo wrote:

> in dired when i execute comands via CMD.exe on filesx at UNC paths i get the
> error message:
>
>     CMD.EXE was started with '\\linux\linux\var\oldwww\html\basic'
>     as the current directory path.  UNC paths are not supported.
>     Defaulting to Windows directory.

That's the first time I hear about a Windows system where CMD.EXE doesn't
support UNCs.  Are you sure that file name is indeed a UNC, i.e. that it
refers to some remote filesystem?

Anyway, a stab in the dark: try using forward slashes, like this:

   "//linux/linux/var/oldwww/html/basic"

(the double quotes around the file name might or might not be important).