Re: invisible buffer is it possible?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: invisible buffer is it possible?
Date: 26 Nov 2002 14:13:00 +0100

How about starting the buffer name with a space?

>From the elisp documentation:

   Buffers that are ephemeral and generally uninteresting to the user
have names starting with a space, so that the `list-buffers' and
`buffer-menu' commands don't mention them.  A name starting with space
also initially disables recording undo information; see *Note Undo::.

- Carsten

PL> I'm just wondering whether I can create an invisible buffer, or
PL> something similar? That is one which does not appear in the buffer
PL> menu list, and you can't accidentally change to.

PL> The reason for this is that I have use this little hack....

PL> (add-hook 'xml-mode-hook
PL>           'phil-psgml-hook)

PL> (defun phil-psgml-hook()
PL>   "Does various checks and sets up various variables
PL>  1) Checks to see if the file being loaded is one which needs a fake
DOCTYPE.