Re: ToDo mode (completed items)

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: ToDo mode (completed items)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:42:53 +0100

On 25 Nov 2002 10:01:05 -0600 Mark Mynsted <mmynsted_news@gbronline.com> wrote:

> Would somebody direct me to information about working with completed
> items from the todo list?
>
> I am using emacs-version "21.2.1", and the todo that ships with the
> calendar, i.e.
>
> ;; Version: $Id: todo-mode.el,v 1.47.4.1 2001/11/13 04:12:45 rms Exp $
>
> All I see from the documentation, etc. is that completed items may be
> moved to a file called .todo-done.  While this is good, I do not see a
> way to review, print, or otherwise manipulate these completed items.
>
> Is this because there is no mechanism to work with completed items?  I
> do not want to write one if one exists.

You may be interested in some functionality I've implemented to file
completed todo items within their category and further edit them, and
also send them to the .todo-done file if desired.  (I haven't added a
print function though.)  I posted a large patch for todo-mode.el to
gnu.emacs.bug last Spring that included this and other functionality,
as well as some bug fixes.  In response to your question, I've just
posted the latest version to gnu.emacs.sources (now just as the source
file instead of the large diff I posted to gnu.emacs.bug).  I hope you
find this useful and welcome any feedback.

--Steve Berman