Re: Cygwin Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Cygwin Emacs
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:55:35 +0200 (IST)

On 26 Nov 2002, Phillip Lord wrote:

> Which would make three different compiled versions
> on windows, if I am adding up correctly?

Actually, it's more like 2 versions, not 3.  The binaries compiled by
MSVC and MinGW are the same program, just with code produced by a
different compiler; they use the same runtime libraries and GUI
toolkits.  The Cygwin binary is a totally different beast, running mostly
Unix branch of the code and using the ported X libraries and toolkits.