Re: PCL-CVS only committing some files

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: PCL-CVS only committing some files
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:38:12 +0100

"Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu>
writes:

> I don't see how hitting `f' can make any difference.

It can!  Try this:

    Edit file A in a CVS working directory.
    Edit file B there.
    emacs -q -no-site-file
    M-x cvs-update RET /path/to/working/dir RET
    The *cvs* buffer shows these files as modified.
    Hit `C' on the `.' line (ie, do it for all files).
    Emacs asks: really commit these files?
    And the list of files displayed shows file A, not B.

Can you reproduce this behavior?  I tried it with a current CVS Emacs
(ie, from yesterday or so).  It's been happening to me for quite a
while, though, so the exact date won't be so important.