Re: development

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: development
Date: 07 Dec 2002 13:35:52 +0100

On Fri, 06 Dec 2002, Michael Slass wrote:

>  McClain <McClain@uni.de> writes:
>
> >Hi ppl,
> >
> >I want to develop projects using Emacs as code editor.
> >So my question is, what is the common way developing
> >C/C++ code with Emacs, just use c(++)-mode or are there
> >any minor modes which parse your source code and create
> >function and type lists? Maybe you've got experience
> >developing with emacs and can recommend a certain
> >elisp package or something like this...
>
>  Check out speedbar : M-x speedbar RET

Or as an alternative ECB (Emacs Code Browser), available at
http://home.swipnet.se/mayhem/ecb.html (the screenshots can tell you if this
is what you want).

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG                         http://www.sdm.de
From: Klaus Berndl <Klaus.Berndl@sdm.de>
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
Date: 07 Dec 2002 13:38:26 +0100
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: PCL-CVS only committing some files

On 07 Dec 2002, Miles Bader wrote:

>  "Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>"
>  <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> writes:
> > The set of files committed is not determined when you hit `c' or `C'
> > but when you hit C-c C-c.
> > Usually they are the same, but not always.
>
>  I've always hated that ... sometimes I inadvertently move point in the
>  *cvs* buffer while I'm editing the log-entry (e.g., if start switching
>  buffers to lookup some info), and end up committing the wrong file!
>
>  I guess it could be handy in the case of committing _multiple_ files
>  though, to be able to change the set of files to commit while editing
>  the log...  Hmmm, I'm not sure _what_ I want.
>
>  What do you think of the following:
>
>    * For a single file, display the to-be-committed filename in
>      *log-entry*'s (not sure if that's the right buffer name, but anyway)
>      mode-line, otherwise display something like `(marked files)'; update
>      this mode-line info dynamically if the user changes the *cvs* buffer
>      state
>
>    * When the user hits `C-c C-c', if the set of to-be-committed
>      file/files is different from what it was at `c'/`C' time, ask the
>      user to confirm the commit (`Really commit foo.c?' or `Really commit
>      these files?' [+ temp-buffer showing the files])

Even if it is not important what i think, i would really like this behavior
described by Miles.

Klaus