Re: rmail/gnus/attachments

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: rmail/gnus/attachments
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 14:59:43 +0100

Billy O'Connor <billyoc@linuxfromscratch.org> writes:

> Yes, quite right, I misspoke, I'm using "Gnus Message with full Gnus
> features" to read mail.  I just don't see where to get gnus to handle
> the attachments in the same manner as it does in a usenet context.
> The attachments are quite alright when read from a newsgroup, only
> when they are attached to emails are they displayed inline.  Is there
> some other gnus setting that is specific to email regarding
> attatchments?  Sorry if this is a FAQ, I just don't see it in the
> docs.

I've never seen any difference between attachments in mail groups and
attachments in news groups.  Try C-u g on messages with attachments,
do the ones from news and mail look the same?

Maybe the mail messages are missing the ``Mime-Version: 1.0''
header.  There is some variable somewhere which tells Gnus not to
require this header...