Re: true "word wrap"

From: Bijan Soleymani
Subject: Re: true "word wrap"
Date: 07 Dec 2002 18:45:05 -0500

Michael Herman <michael@thehermans.org> writes:

I'm working on this idea of having commands to move by screen lines
instead of logical lines. I have implemented an ugly hack version, but
it assumes that every character has the same width, which is not
correct for control chars. But as long as there aren't any it works
fine. And even with control chars it works more or less. The only
exceptions being stuff like .elc files or general binary files, where
everything show up as control chars.

I've attached my small file. It remaps C-n and C-p to work by screen
lines instead of logical lines. I know I should make this into a minor
mode, but I am a relative newbie to emacs lisp.