Different semantics for yank-pop??

From: Larry Denenberg
Subject: Different semantics for yank-pop??
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:13:46 -0500

I'm running Mac OS X and picked up a pre-built Emacs from Mindlube, not an
official released version.

When I run emacs with "emacs --nw" from a Terminal window, yank-pop works
just like I expect it to.  But when I invoke the Emacs application from the
finder (like other OS X applications) things are screwy.  The first yank-pop
of a sequence seems to yank the top of the kill ring (i.e., the same text
yanked by the immediately preceding C-y) rather than the previous entry.
So, for example, C-k C-y M-y is always a no-op, whereas I expect it to
replace the rest of the line with the previous kill.

I don't know quite where to ask about this since the provenance of my Emacs
is so informal.  Any help would be appreciated.

/Larry Denenberg
larry@denenberg.com
http://larry.denenberg.com/

In GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin6.2)
 of 2002-11-27 on darkstar.local.
configured using `configure '--with-carbon' '--without-x''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil