Re: Emacs like line editing during perl input.

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Emacs like line editing during perl input.
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:32:08 -0800

Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> writes:

> I'm sorry but instructions on how to use term::readline have very
> little to do with emacs. If you want emacs like editing you could

He he.

I said going in this was a bit of stretch.

> always rewrite your user interface in emacs lisp :) Then you would
> get EMACS EDITING.

Yeah and how.  I could even use `qx' to call up an instance of emacs
for a single line... hehe.

> But seriously just download the source to a program that uses
> Term:readline and figure it out. (vicq is a simple icq program written in
> perl that uses that library.)

Now this is a good tip.  Not sure why I didn't think of this.. I'll
try it out.

Now in my own defense.  I did do several detailed google.groups
searches with group as `comp*perl*' on Term::ReadLine and even using a
whole year as target.  I found not one example of a simple usage that
I could translate into my needs.

I've been digging around on this for a while now.  Off and on.

I've been reading/posting here since 1996 or so so I know for sure
there are some perl experts here who are also emacs users.
Maybe a little abusive on my part... but probably not worth a stoning.