Re: Scrolling screen one line

From: Rikard Bosnjakovic
Subject: Re: Scrolling screen one line
Date: 4 Jan 2003 09:40:06 GMT

> The arrow keys
> only work when the point is at the bottom or at the top of the
> screen...

Which leads to this question, for Emacs 21.x: If one press C-v/M-v,
the screen scrolls either down or up. Fine. But when scrolling down,
the cursor places itself on the top line of my buffer, and when
scrolling up, the cursor places itself on the bottom line on the
buffer.

In Emacs 20.x (and all other Emacses I've used so far) use the, IMHO,
correct behaviour: When scrolling up, the cursor is put on the top
line, and vice versa.

I've read around for anything that contains "*scroll*" but I have been
unable to solve this problem.

Ideas?

--
Friendly,