Re: displaying latin1 in emacs 21 in an osx Terminal window

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: displaying latin1 in emacs 21 in an osx Terminal window
Date: 07 Jan 2003 18:44:43 +0100

Schone Mullerin <smullerin@deutsches.lieder.net> writes:
> I can't seem to get emacs21 running in an osx Terminal window to
> display latin1 properly.

You need to make sure the encoding that Terminal.app uses is the same
as the one Emacs thinks it is.

Terminal.app has this configured in the "Window Settings...->Display"
tab.  It is set to UTF-8 by default, I think.  If you don't really
need UTF-8 you can set this to "Western (ISO Latin 1)" and things
should just work.

If you *do* need UTF-8, just ask again, it's also possible to
configure Emacs to use that.