Re: emacs info behaving strangely

From: Galen Boyer
Subject: Re: emacs info behaving strangely
Date: 8 Jan 2003 09:30:14 -0600

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, tiarnan.ocorrain@cmg.com wrote:
> Hello--
>
> something seems seriously wrong with the info facility in emacs
> on my machine: when I try to access (for example) the node for
> CVS, I get "No such anchor in tag table or node in tag table:
> Top". However, "info cvs" from the shell accesses the file. The
> directories that contain info files (including that from CVS)
> are in my Info-directory list.

I have the following entry in my dir file.

* CVS Manual: (cvs.info).  CVS Manual.

I have the files cvs.info and then cvs.info-1/9

I found the "." directly after the second ")" seemed important.

Also, of course, the filename between the ()'s needs to match the
first one in the hierarchy, exactly.

--
Galen Boyer