How to add game-grid score files (in CVS Emacs)?

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: How to add game-grid score files (in CVS Emacs)?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:49:21 +0100

`gamegrid-add-score' has changed in CVS Emacs.

Now I can't make it save a score entry in a score file unless the file
already exists -- and you need root to create the file in the first
place.

What am I missing -- how do you create the score file as a normal user?

Surely, it shouldn't be necessary to package a simple elisp-program with
autoconf etc. just to create a simple score file?