Re: xml indenting, possibly with psgml?

From: Gman
Subject: Re: xml indenting, possibly with psgml?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 22:33:57 -0700

Stefan Monnier  wrote:
"Bjoern" == Bjoern  <p1@blinker.net> writes:

I also get an error message because it doesn't find the dtd, can't I get rid
of that. I guess I really only need indenting and possibly
syntax highlighting.

The newer version of sgml-mode (the one bundled with Emacs) will do
just that.  You can try it out from the CVS directory.  It reportedly
works under Emacs-21.[12] as well.

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/textmodes/sgml-mode.el?rev=HEAD

        Stefan

I downloaded this guy and loaded it up, but when I C-x h and C-M \ it doesn't seem to indent logically. It basically indents every line increasingly so that they form a backwards stair-step pattern. Any hints???

I loaded up psgml also and got nuthin' for indent-region, even after the set variable tricks mentioned. I am running NTEmacs 20.7.

Didn't like the way I had to force psgml to parse the buffer b4 font-locking either, or the way it seemed to be parsing on keystroke and taking a bunch of processor overhead while just navigating the file

Of course, it is entirely possible that I do not know what I am doing. :)

Thanks,
Greg