Re: Problem with X window frames

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: Problem with X window frames
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 00:03:32 +0100

Greg Hill <ghill@synergymicro.com> writes:

> In my first foray into frames, I am not having any success with the
> functions select-frame, raise-frame or lower-frame,

What happens if you evaluate this expression:

     (lower-frame (make-frame))

For me it creates a new frame, lowers it and returns to the original
frame.

> or the customization variable focus-follows-mouse.

You need to configure your window manager to do that.  This option
doesn't change the focus behaviour as such -- it only tells Emacs how
your window manager works.  I'm not really sure how Emacs uses this
information.