Re: accessing own info files

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: accessing own info files
Date: 12 Jan 2003 17:28:05 +0100

Hi Michael,

Michael Below <mbelow@antithese.de> writes:
> [...] because I thought maybe those dir files are being
> merged. [...]

That's right.

> This changed the behaviour of info, but not as intended: I keep
> getting
>
> Search Failed: "
> ^_"
>
> whenever I call info.

The easiest (for me) is just to create "dir" files from a command-line
with install-info:

  $ install-info /usr/info/as.info /tmp/dir

on my machine will create a dir file in /tmp with a link to the GNU
assembler.

The command install-info is documented in the texinfo documentation in
the node (texinfo)Invoking install-info.

Hope this helps, benny