Re: reading the C source of Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: reading the C source of Emacs
Date: 13 Jan 2003 15:17:00 +0900

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003  Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> wrote:
> And I agree with David that it might be useful to do an on-demand
> kind of learning, rather than trying to just grok everything.

That's for sure.  If you just to try to `grok everything,' you'll
quickly go insane; there's just too much code, and much of it can be
confusing if you just skim it (it isn't the most well-organized code in
the world).

Trying to figure how it does one particular thing is usually (!)
straight-forward though.

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen