Re: line numbers

From: Lee Sau Dan
Subject: Re: line numbers
Date: 13 Jan 2003 09:44:04 +0100

    Bruce> Because sometimes I want to X-clip a block of text with
    Bruce> line numbers and email or print it.  In the end, I fire up
    Bruce> vi.  Doing this in emacs is too non-obvious.

M-< M->  M-| cat -n RET  and then do  whatever you like in  the *Shell
Command Output* buffer.

Of course, if you  need to do this 5 times a  day, you should write it
in elisp.  :)

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de