Re: emacs and X problem

From: Bruce Park
Subject: Re: emacs and X problem
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:31:26 -0500

From: kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann)
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:26:06 +0100

Your hunch about fonts might be right.  Depending on how you
specified the font for Emacs, changing the X font path might change
which font is found.

How about using a fully-qualified-font-name-with-lotsa-dashes?  Don't
use wildcards in it.
--
Well,

Here's what my .Xresources and .Xdefautls look like:
emacs*font: lucidasanstypewritet-12

/etc/X11/XFree86Config-4 (just the font paths)
Section "Files"
        FontPath        "unix/:7100"                  # local font server
        # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
        FontPath        "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Truetype"
EndSection

As you can see, I'm not using any wild cards. Curiously enough, does a font exist where it's double spaced like in the weird picture that I posted?

bp

Ambibibentists unite!